Description:Calling all 6th grade science teachers! Would you like to be trained on the 6th Grade ASTA Deeper Dive Unit, Space & Beyond, focused on AZ Earth & Space Standards? Learn from the authors and receive over $100 worth of classroom supplies to implement the unit.
During the three days of professional learning, you will delve into the 6th grade standards, be engaged as learners with some of the lessons in the unit, and walk away with materials to implement the unit. In the fall, ASTA requests that you implement the unit and share your reflection during a session at the ASTA Conference, November 2-3 in Phoenix. You will receive a stipend for providing feedback and completing evaluation activities.
· ~$100 worth of materials to implement the unit in your classroom
· Lifetime membership to ASTA ($200 value)
· Transportation Stipend (50+ miles 1 way $200; travel 150+ miles one way – $400)
· Follow-up Session at ASTA Conference – supported to attend with free registration ($200 value)
· $450 Stipend implementing the unit and completing evaluation activities.
Grade Focus: 6th Grade
PD Hours: 18 hours of PD Credit will be offered
Date: June 26-28
Location: Stapley Jr. High, 3250 E Hermosa Vista Drive, Rm. 163, Mesa, AZ 85213
Commitment Fee: $35 for ASTA members; $50 for Non-ASTA members
Tucson Values Teachers is providing limited scholarships for educators to attend PD opportunities, if you are interested, click here for more information
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Arizona Science Teachers Association.
- Contact Name: Sara Torres
- Phone No: 520-709-1886
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org