Computer science is the fastest-growing subject in the US, yet English learners are dramatically under-represented in these courses. We know that English Learners fare far better linguistically and academically when they have opportunities to engage with rigorous academic content. The CSforEL Project is a new 4-year research project funded by the U.S. Department of Education, designed to attract, retain, and engage English learners (EL) in AP Computer Science Principles (AP CSP) throughout Arizona, New Mexico, San Diego County, and Orange County.
CSforEL Benefits for Participating Districts
- Increased enrollment of English learners in AP Computer Science Principles (AP CSP)
- Increased number of qualifying scores by English learners in AP CSP
- 40+ hours of professional development over the summer and throughout the school year per cohort
- 10+ hours of professional development over the summer for at least one principal and counselor per participating school
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Computer Science Teachers Organization (CSTA-Arizona).
- Contact Name: Larae Butcher
- Email Address: email@example.com