Educator Emotional Resilience
This TREC Community of Practice is focused on educator emotional resiliency and uses the book Onward, by Elena Aguilar. Participants read a chapter each month and participate in a virtual monthly meeting during which we discuss the chapter and engage in emotional resilience activities.
This CoP is free to attend thanks to a generous grant from the Helios Education Foundation. Each participant will also receive the book Onward by Elena Aguilar.
Monthly attendance is encouraged but not required. You do not need to attend previous months’ meetings to join the discussion centered on resilience.
This TREC CoP is led by TREC Teacher Leaders Anamika Sood (TUSD), Jillian Powers (Flowing Wells), Shay Humphreys (Amphi), Kate Kelsey (Independent), Cerelo Flores (Baboquivari), Rene Acereto (TUSD), Jessica Leonard (Marana), and Sheila Callahan (Marana)
Meeting Times: Third Tuesday of the month, September thru May, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 19, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 17, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 21, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 19, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, January 16, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 20, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 19, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, April 16, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 21. 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
TREC Community of Practice (CoP) Definition:
Through the different CoPs TREC offers, educators will build community while deepening their knowledge, understanding, and expertise to better support their passion for the teaching profession and student success (adapted from Wenger, McDermott, and Synder, 2002).
Benefits of Joining a CoP:
- Collaborative learning in areas identified by teachers as essential to educator wellbeing and student success;
- Educators from different sites and districts connecting with each other and building support networks;
- Support and guidance from our amazing cohorts of TREC Teacher Leaders;
- Recertification Hours (via certificate);
- A copy of the book each CoP is based on.
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Tucson Regional Educator Collaborative.
- Contact Name: Alicia Durbin
- Phone No: (520) 621-7511
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org