Book challenges in the U.S. doubled in 2022, a troubling statistic given the significance of books in telling the stories of diverse youth. In this workshop, we share our lists of “the best of the best” challenged YA and children’s books and provide resources for responding to these challenges.
Aida Salazar, author of The Moon Within and co-editor of Calling the Moon: 16 Period Stories by BIPOC Authors, will join us for a virtual talk. Registrants will receive a free copy of The Moon Within and afterward there will be a YA/Children’s book giveaway.
This event includes the following Presentations:
‣ The Best Banned YA Books by BIPOC Authors, Presented by Sybil Durand
‣ The Best Banned Children’s Books on Gender and Sexuality, Presented by Desirée Cueto
‣ The Best International Books that Challenge Book Banning in the U.S., Presented by Kathy Short
‣ Aida Salazar On Writing Forbidden Stories (Live Virtual Visit)
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Worlds of Words: Center of Global Literacies and Literatures.
- Phone No: (520) 621-9340
- Email Address: email@example.com