TREC 2022 June Summit—VIRTUAL Component
This TREC event will include the live keynote address by the 2021 Teacher of the Year Juliana Urtubey, NBCT, and a choice between two virtual workshops.
Welcome and 2021 Teacher of the Year Juliana Urtubey, NBCT, keynote address
Workshop Choice of:
- Collaboration Skills for all Educators, Ashley Barkel and Jennifer White, University of Arizona. The heart of collaboration is interpersonal communication skills. In this virtual workshop, we will identify evidence-based practices for effective collaboration with families, paraprofessionals, specialists, special and general educators, and administrators. Participants will practice techniques for listening and questioning skills to make the most of your collaboration efforts.
- Deepen Understandings and Engagement with PBS Learning Media, Cheryl Gerken, AZ Public Media. PBS LearningMedia is a vast digital library of free Pre-K to 12 resources. This session will include a guided exploration of the website, ideas for integrating digital media in the classroom, time to explore and gather content (videos, lesson plans, interactives) for future lessons, and how to assign lessons to students. As an interactive session, learners will collaborate with one another on digital integration, leveraging resources in content areas, and topics related to classroom, student, and curricular needs.
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Tucson Regional Educator Collaborative.
- Contact Name: Jen Kinser-Traut
- Phone No: (520) 621-7511
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org