|The National Board Pre-Candidacy Class is the first step in pursuing National Board Certification. As a pre-candidate, you’ll gain a firm understanding of the process and be prepared to begin the candidate process toward becoming a National Board Certified Teacher.
In this class, you will explore the National Board Professional Teaching Standards and Five Core Propositions. You will also have a better understanding of the documents, materials, and components set forth by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
As a National Board candidate, you will engage in reflection about your practice, your accomplishments, and your professional goals. As a result of pursuing National Board Certification, educators often feel a renewed passion for their profession and a renewed commitment to the work.
This multi-week virtual course will provide online learning to help participants build a system of support, while also understanding the foundation and process of National Board Certification. After completing this course, you will be prepared to pursue National Board Certification.
Since this is a requirement for our National Board support funding, you will be eligible to apply for funding assistance for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Become acquainted with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- Dive into to the National Board Core Propositions.
- Gain an understanding of how to analyze impact on students.
- Obtain knowledge needed to make an informed decision about when to declare candidacy with the National Board.
- Gain a better understanding of the National Board Certification process.
Tucson Values Teachers is providing limited scholarships for educators to attend PD opportunities, if you are interested, click here for more information
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Arizona K12 Center.
- Contact Name: Daniela Robles
- Phone No: 602-443-6444
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org