World War I in the Middle East is an NEH-funded two-week residential Summer Institute for 28 K-12 educators. This competitive and rewarding professional development will be held July 10-22, 2022, at the National WWI Museum and Memorial in Kansas City, Missouri.
The Institute is designed to be academic, interactive and practical, covering three major objectives:
- Facilitating participants’ academic growth as they engage in an in-depth exploration of the Middle East during World War I
- Bringing together K-12th grade educators with their counterparts, providing the framework for an exchange of ideas and discussion of their teaching implications
- Developing curricula and presentations to bring participants’ new knowledge into U.S. classrooms and to share them with other educators.
For information and application: https://www.theworldwar.org/learn/2022neh
There is a $2200 stipend for use towards housing, food, and transportation, half of which will be provided at the beginning of the program, and half at the end.
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact University of Arizona Center for Middle Eastern Studies.
- Contact Name: Abby Limmer
- Phone No: 5206217904
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org