The sessions offered will focus on one of the following themes: Family Engagement (including sessions designed specifically for families), Social Justice in the Early Childhood Years, and Self-Care and Mindfulness.
We invite you to wake up with SAZAEYC and join us for a pre-conference session starting at 7:30 a.m. Enjoy your coffee or tea at home while you join one of our chat rooms, attend a virtual yoga session, or join families and kids for a special time to share instruments! Please reference the conference brochure on sazaeyc.org for to learn more about each session and the presenters.
Pre-Conference Sessions: 7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
- Coffee and Chat Connection with SAZAEYC Board Members (a chance to meet incoming board members)
- Coffee and Chat Student Connection (led by Somos Enlace)
- Coffee and Chat Parent Connection
- Yoga Session with Katie Kurtin
- Meet and Greet with Mr. Nature: Show and Share Your Instruments!
Session A: 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Balancing Priorities: Parenting During a Pandemic Tessa Brock
- Building a Family Focused Child Care Center Dr. Daniel Gonzalez
- BILINGUAL SESSION Connecting with your children at home & innovative Self-Care / Conectando con sus hijos en casa y autocuidado innovador Enrique C Feldman
- Mindfulness for Us All: Fun and Effective Ways to Help Us and the Young Children in Our Lives Relax, Tune-in, and Connect Jordan Hill
- Socially Just Teaching in a Conscious Discipline Classroom Diana Brown and Katie Kurtin
Session B: 10:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- When the Mirror Doesn’t Match the Classroom: What to do when your child’s teacher doesn’t look like them Mona Qafisheh
- Let’s Talk About Race Esther Leyva-McGee and Jesusa Valdez
- Diving into Inclusion: DEC/NAEYC Joint Position Statement Camille Lachar and Alicia Amundson
- BILINGUAL SESSION Building Connections with Families / Construyendo Conexiones con las Familias Yamira Garcia and Jessica Tripp
- Mindful Self Care & Wellness Check-in Dari Johnson
Session C: 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- BILINGUAL SESSION The Importance of Belonging and Connection During Stress and a Pandemic / La importancia de la pertenencia y la conexión durante el estrés y una pandemia Dr. Curtis Peterson and Elsa Peterson
- Staff Wellness: Self-Care and Mindfulness Sheri S. Dollin, M.Ed.
- Executive Functions + Emotional Intelligence = The Mind, Body, and Soul Connection Christine Vega
- Courageous Communication Amy Morales Baum
- Preschool and It’s Importance of Productive Citizens Heather Okeke and Marta Rojas
Family (Includes Family Membership) $50
Standard/Premium NAEYC Members $50
Entry-level NAEYC Members $80
Non-members $100 (consider Conference + Membership, see below)
Conference + Standard NAEYC Membership $115
By joining as a member today, you can benefit from a reduced conference rate and discounts to all future SAZAEYC events. Your membership marks the true professional you are by being a part of this premier early childhood education organization. To become a member, sign up online at www.naeyc.org/membership/join.
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Southern Arizona Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Contact Name: Kelly Ann Larkin
- Phone No: 520-777-0867
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org