Secondary Multi-Tiered Systems of Support Knowledge Block: Fall 2022 Quarter (October 1 – December 31)
Before you register, watch this INTRODUCTION VIDEO.
This Secondary Multi-Tiered Systems of Support Knowledge Block includes three asynchronous sessions made-up of discussion topics, articles, online tasks, and pre-recorded videos. Topics include Definition and overview of a multi-tiered system of support, considerations for standards, curriculum, instruction, and assessment for each tier of academic reading support, school-wide steps for tier 2 considerations, Tier 3 myths and facts, and professional development topics needed to support each tier.
Grow your foundational understanding of a successful secondary multi-tiered system of support. When completed with colleagues, this knowledge block is intended to improve a school’s secondary reading fundamentals.
· Audience: Secondary reading educators and leaders
· Cost: FREE
· Location: Blackboard online course
· Registration: Required in EMS for each participant
· Time: Asynchronous, should take approximately 5 hours to complete
· Date: OnDemand (October-December 2022 Fall Quarter)
· Passing: 85% on post-knowledge inventory, 2 attempts
· Credit: 5 clock hours
Participants must register individually. Blackboard link accessible in EMS once registered. After registration, if you do not see the course in your “registered” course list, please check in your “attended” list in EMS (even if you have not yet started the course).
**To receive a certificate, you must pass the course assessment with an 85% or higher. Certificates are available in the “Completed” course list in EMS after passing the assessment. No record of attendance will be emailed or kept by ADE staff. **
Should you not pass or complete the course by the due date, you will need to reregister for the next quarter. Please plan accordingly.
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Arizona Department of Education.
- Contact Name: Lauren Spenceley
- Email Address: email@example.com