Become a part of the movement to increase the number of Indigenous teachers serving Indigenous students, schools, and communities!
The Indigenous Teacher Education Program (ITEP) prepares future Indigenous educators to integrate their tribal values and language in presentations, lesson plans, and activities. Through the two-year program, cohorts of Indigenous pre-service teachers complete an Elementary Education degree, with a focus on Indigenous Education, and graduate with a teaching certificate.
On behalf of the Indigenous Teacher Education Program (ITEP) at the University of Arizona, College of Education we are currently recruiting Indigenous teacher candidates for the Fall 2021 cohort. We are aiming to recruit 15 Indigenous teacher candidates! Please share the following ITEP information with your fellow teachers, students, schools, departments, and community.
- Must be an enrolled member of a Tribal community.
- Must have AGEC-A or equivalent and Elementary Education prerequisites met and transferred to the UA by August 20th, 2021
- Must apply and be admitted to both the ITEP program and the UA by May 21, 2021
Share how would you like to hear more:
- Feel free to request a zoom meeting
- Reply “subscribe” if you would like to join our ITEP listserv
- Follow us on social media for future announcements
*If interested in applying or thinking about applying, the first step is to send your unofficial transcripts to our academic advisor, Sara, at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin your ITEP application.
Request an informational session for your students, educators, schools, and/or community.
Contact ITEP Coordinator, IngriQue Salt @ email@example.com or call (520)-621-2809.