The focus of this professional learning opportunity is to learn how the crosscutting concepts cross boundaries between science disciplines and provide an organizational framework to connect knowledge from various disciplines into a coherent and scientifically based view of the world. Participants will gain an understanding of how the crosscutting concepts are woven into the AZ Science Standards and how they progress through the grade-bands.
- Recognize how crosscutting concepts can deepen students conceptual understanding of science content.
- Describe how crosscutting concepts progress through the grade bands to support student learning.
- Explain how crosscutting concepts are an integral dimension to the Arizona Science Standards.
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Arizona Department of Education.
- Contact Name: Rebecca Garelli
- Phone No: 6023642356
- Email Address: Rebecca.Garelli@azed.gov