We are joined by Andrea Hernandez Holm, with UArizona’s Writing Skills Improvement Program (WSIP), in her workshop “Tooting Your Own Horn: Writing About Your Accomplishments”.
This workshop will discuss the challenges of writing about ourselves and our accomplishments in application responses and similar materials. It will explore strategies to develop voice and content and focus on learning how to be comfortable centering ourselves in this type of writing.
- Slides from presentation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jRZ3iPhYAXIjBe_FAxM-DkfpdTXOSdy2/view?usp=sharing
- Additional handout: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kKPeiJqzE2I7U2hbCUMzMiBMSFnubOg7/view?usp=sharing
“Tooting Your Own Horn: Writing About Your Accomplishments” with Andrea Hernandez Holm
Andrea Hernandez Holm, PhD., is the Director of the Writing Skills Improvement Program at the University of Arizona. She has extensive experience as a teacher, tutor, editor, and writing consultant for writers, teachers, and professionals at all academic levels.
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Tucson Regional Educator Collaborative.
- Contact Name: Jen Kinser-Traut
- Phone No: (520) 621-7511
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Writing Skills Improvement Program.
- Contact Name: Andrea Holm
- Phone No: 520-621-5849
- Email Address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org