Registration Closes May 25, 2022
School’s out, but the learning continues. The ATA Beginning Teacher Institute is a professional learning opportunity for all Arizona teachers preparing for their first, second, or third year in the classroom. Specifically made for new teachers, this three-day event will set the stage for you to both learn and apply new strategies and to build community with other new teachers. Prepare for the new school year with learning that will include engaging breakouts, dynamic keynote speakers, workshop-style general sessions and opportunities to laugh, reflect, and connect.
The ATA Beginning Teacher Institute will feature these outstanding educators:
- Trevor MacKenzie, a classroom teacher from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, best-selling author, blogger, and world-renowned consultant. His passion is in supporting schools in implementing inquiry-based learning practices.
- Jaime Casap, former Chief Education Evangelist at Google, the second member of the Google for Education team, and creator of the Google for Education Transformation Framework.
- Juliana Urtubey, the 2021 National Teacher of the Year, a National Board Certified Teacher, a National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Board of Directors member and Teacher Fellow, a Nevada Teach Plus Senior Policy Fellow, and an Understood Teacher Fellow mentor. She is a winner of the 2018 Rogers Foundation Heart of Education award.
Teachers will build community through:
- Connections during breakout groups
- Whole group debrief discussions
- Time to reflect on what has been working and what can be refined as we move into the next school year
Registration includes training, materials, a book, breakfast (6/22, 6/23, 6/24) and lunch (6/22, 6/23). The Arizona K12 Center will book private sleeping room accommodations for the nights of June 22 and 23, only if you choose to register with accommodations(*).
All times listed are in MST/Phoenix, AZ time.
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Arizona K12 Center.
- Contact Name: Kathy Wiebke
- Phone No: 602-443-6444
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org