A Deeper Dive: Constructing Grades K-5 3-Dimensional Science Units
ASTA is now accepting team applications for A Deeper Dive: Constructing Grades K-5 3-Dimensional Science Units Program. This program is a partnership with Arizona Department of Education (ADE) and financially supported by APS Foundation and the Burton Family Foundation.
Through a professional learning opportunity, 54 K-5 elementary level teachers working in teams will learn how to utilize tools and processes to create 3-dimensional lessons that will form a unit aligned to the Arizona Science Standards. Participants will be grouped in collaborative teams facilitated by a teacher leader, who will work with them virtually and face-to-face throughout the program between face-to-face meetings. Participants will create a 3D unit blueprint and develop multiple instructional sequences that will form a 3D science instructional unit which will be implemented, revised, and then submitted to ASTA and ADE to be published as models.
Teams can be from the same school/district and can be multi-district. ASTA will assist educators in rural or small schools who would like to be on a team but who do not have colleagues who can join them to create a multi-district team. In addition, multiple teams from a district can apply.
A Deeper Dive’s main goal is to build capacity among 72 elementary teachers and coaches in AZ in developing and implementing 3-dimensional instructional units aligned to the AzSS. Through this program participants will:
· Build capacity through collaboration with science leaders statewide;
· Learn to use tools that translate science core ideas, practices, and crosscutting concepts into instructional sequences that form a 3-dimensional science instructional unit;
· Think deeply about learning and teaching to develop a clear vision of science education that is coherent, focused, and rigorous and based on 3-dimensional best practices; and
· Collaboratively align instructional units to the AzSS and share throughout the state.
Please contact email@example.com for assistance if needed.
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Arizona Science Teachers Association.
- Contact Name: Sara Torres
- Phone No: 520-709-1886
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org