The Arizona Department of Education English Language Arts team invites you to attend the Arizona Literacy Road Show coming to a location near you!
About the event: This day-long in-person FREE professional learning experience will be a celebration of the science of reading and all things K-12 literacy. Keynote session will be based on the components of Scarborough’s Reading Rope, and the breakout sessions will demonstrate how to implement effective literacy practices based on the science of reading into classroom instruction. Participants will attend the morning keynote and then will have a choice of three additional breakout sessions to attend. Registration begins at 8:30 AM on your selected day, and the event goes from 9 AM – 3:30 PM. Lunch will be on your own.
Audience: Teachers, reading specialists, literacy coaches, interventionists, administrators, support staff
Registration: Participants must register for the event in the ADE APLD. Participation is capped at 150 participants. All participants who register in APLD and attend the Arizona Literacy Road Show will receive an attendance certificate displaying 5 clock hours. Specific location information and address will be emailed to participants.
Contact Information: For additional information about the Arizona Literacy Road Show please contact: Karen Ten Napel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safford, AZ – Tuesday, June 13th, 2023 – held at Safford Unified School District
- Holbrook, AZ – Thursday, June 15th, 2023 – held at Holbrook Unified School District
- Page, AZ – Tuesday, June 27th, 2023 – held at Page Unified School District
- Bullhead City, AZ – Thursday, June 29th, 2023 – held at Bullhead City Middle School, 1062 Hancock Road, Bullhead City
To view a complete list of Professional Development opportunities from all of ADE, please visit APLD.
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Arizona Department of Education.
- Contact Name: Karen Ten Napel,
- Email Address: email@example.com