Planting the Seeds of Hope: A Suicide Prevention Workshop
QPR Gatekeeper Training with Alex Hinrichsen, M.S.Ed.
QPR Gatekeepers will learn:
- How to use the Question, Persuade and Refer technique
- Common suicide myths and facts
- Warning signs and clues that someone is considering suicide
- Tips for approaching the topic of suicide
- How to get a person considering suicide the help they need
8:50 am – 9:00 am – Zoom Webinar Opens
9:00 am – 10:15 am – Introduction; Debunking Suicide & QPR Overview
10:15 am – 10:30 am – Break
10:30 am – 11:45 am – QPR Interventions & Practice
11:45 am – 12:00 am – Conclusion; Question & Answer Session
Certificate of Attendance – A 3 hour Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants. Attendance is monitored via Zoom log in/log out.
NBCC – “QPR Institute (QPRI) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5889. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. QPRI is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.” This workshop does not offer NBCC clock hours.
Tucson Values Teachers is providing limited scholarships for educators to attend PD opportunities, if you are interested, click here for more information