Join ASTA’s Science Teaching Symposium for four incredible days of professional learning. Start each day with the recognition that teachers are human beings first and foremost. Explore your own social-emotional learning and hone in on strategies you can immediately put into practice for yourself. Then, as humans doing the work of professional educators, you will learn from expert scientists from around Arizona and the country.
Throughout this virtual symposium, you will learn about a variety of science fields using the crosscutting concept lens of patterns. Each participant will receive a box of books and supplies in advance of the symposium (worth ~$200). Hands-on, minds-on experiences using these materials, grade-band digestion time to discuss the content and activities, and time to ask questions of the impressive lineup of everyday STEM superheroes serving as speakers will make this professional development experience out of this world!
Commitment Fee: $100 ASTA Members; $140 Non-ASTA Members
When: July 6-7 and 10-11 (commit for all 4 days)
Where: Virtual via Zoom
Who: All Teachers of Science (PreK-13+)
EXTRA BONUS FOR SYMPOSIUM ATTENDEES:
- Lifetime membership to ASTA ($200 value)
- Science classroom materials and teacher resilience resources (~$200 value)
- Free Content Coaching throughout 23-24 academic year
- Free Resilience Coaching throughout 23-24 academic year
- Complimentary 2023 ASTA Conference Registration for in-person follow-up November 2-3, 2023 ($200 value)
- 22 hours of professional development time awarded
Tucson Values Teachers is providing limited scholarships for educators to attend PD opportunities, if you are interested, click here for more information
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Arizona Science Teachers Association.
- Contact Name: Sara Torres
- Phone No: 520-709-1886
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org