For this workshop TREC has partnered with Worlds of Words (WOW). Join us on Saturday, June 18th from 9am-12pm to connect young children to a global community. This event will be in person at Worlds of Words located at the University of Arizona in the College of Education, 1430 E Second St, Rm 453, Tucson, AZ 85721.
Explore the ways in which young children can interact with global books through play to feel connected with global cultures and to develop open-minded perspectives about new ideas. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with new global books and examine what kinds of global books are appropriate for young children. We will also explore invitations for play that can be integrated into centers in the classroom.
Participants will receive book lists and a handout of play invitations as well as new global picturebooks to take back to their classrooms.
The workshop will be led by Kathy Short, Loren Reyes, and Deonna Tourtellot.
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Tucson Regional Educator Collaborative.
- Contact Name: Alicia Durbin
- Phone No: (520) 621-7511
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Worlds of Words: Center of Global Literacies and Literatures.
- Phone No: (520) 621-9340
- Email Address: email@example.com