Are you interested in developing your media literacy expertise in your classroom or building as you focus on digital media, critical literacy, and developing practical skills to support student content creation?
Media Literacy: Access, Analyze, Create and Act will provide the opportunity for teachers to work toward Media Literacy Certification through KQED Teach. In a series of 5 sessions, teachers will asynchronously work on their choice of 8 different learning modules (2 per each two weeks). At the end of each two-week session, we will meet virtually to collaborate, troubleshoot, and provide additional assistance. Each virtual session’s content will be guided by the needs of the participants.
Each module requires an average of 6 hours to complete. The modules consist of short reading assignments and explorations, lesson plan development and implementation, and feedback from media literacy experts at KQED.
The end goal is to become Media Literacy Certified after the five sessions, but participants determine their own pace and goals on an individual basis.
Dates: March 30, April 13, 27, May 11, 27, 2021
Time: 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Pima County School Superintendent's Office.
- Contact Name: Marianne Landrith
- Phone No: 520-724-8451
- Email Address: email@example.com
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Arizona Public Media.
- Contact Name: Cheryl Gerken
- Phone No: 520-621-5828
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org