Teach Arizona is a one-year master’s degree program for people who have earned a bachelor’s degree and wish to become middle or high school teachers (grades 6-12). The program begins each summer, and you can participate from anywhere in the state. Students have a full year of student teaching experience in their local school as they complete coursework.
Content Areas Include:
❖ Earth Science
❖ General Science
❖ American Sign Language
❖ Political Science
❖ Middle School Social Studies (combined history & political science units)
❖ Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
❖ Strong background (approximately 18 units) in one of the approved content areas.
❖ 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA (last 60 units)
❖ Please contact us if you don’t meet the requirements, but would like to be considered.
Participate in Teach Arizona from anywhere in the state!
• Tucson: Courses offered face-to-face, with student teaching occurring in Pima County
• Statewide: Courses completed online and live virtual class sessions, with student
teaching occurring in your local school district.
Can I Afford It?
❖ Teach AZ students are eligible to apply for the Arizona Teachers Academy which
covers ALL tuition and mandatory fees if graduates agree to teach in Arizona for ONE year
after they graduate. (https://www.coe.arizona.edu/arizona-teachers-academy)
❖ Scholarships and grants are also available!
❖ Non-residents pay the same rate as residents.
How do I Apply?
• Through the online application link on our website: https://coe.arizona.edu/programs/teacharizona
• For questions contact Andrea Lauritzen: firstname.lastname@example.org
What do Graduates and School Districts say about Teach Arizona?
❖ “Teach Arizona was by far the most highly regarded program around. Before I even graduated, I had been offered two jobs based on being a Teach Arizona graduate.” (Terry Reed, Graduate)
❖ “The Teach Arizona program, with its year-long student teaching internship, gave me great confidence going into my first teaching job. After completing the program, I felt so well prepared that I hardly felt like a new teacher at all!” (Scott Olmstead, Graduate)
❖ “As a Teach Arizona graduates, I can attest that the comprehensive nature of the program increased my capacity to have an immediate impact in the classroom. As a school principal, I sought to hire as many Teach Arizona graduates as possible as I was keenly aware of their professionalism and preparedness.” (Kristin Reidy, Assistant Superintendent, Marana Unified School District)
Next Steps …
1. Read through our Teach Arizona website. It includes information about the dates and times of classes, the courses, tuition and financial aid.
2. We are happy to answer your questions!
o Email us at email@example.com
o Let us know the location you are interested in.
o Let us know the content area you hope to teach (see list on front)
o And please attach a copy of your unofficial transcripts so we can better advise you.
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact UArizona College of Education.
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org