Join us for the Inaugural TREC June Summit, Saturday June 4th, 2022, for a full day of professional learning for educators, birth—12th grade! Our theme is Celebrating and Sharing Successes! This full day of professional learning includes a keynote speech, a morning workshop and two afternoon sessions all centered around key topics educators identified as areas of need in the TREC 2021 Educator Survey, such as trauma-informed practices, student collaboration, and project-based learning (view the full program here).
Juliana Urtubey, NBCT, 2021 National Teacher of the Year will be this year’s keynote speaker at the Summit! Read more about Juliana Urtubey here. Fun fact: She’s also a UArizona COE alum.
- A full day of professional learning!
- A choice of book!! Onward by Elena Aguilar OR The Onward Workbook OR Grading for Equity by Joe Feldman
- A Certificate of Attendance!
- Free giveaways (i.e. concert tickets)!
- Educator with partner district $30
- Educator with non-partner district $65
- Early Childhood Educator with TREC profile/scholarship $30
- Early Childhood Educator $65
- Community Partner: $65
Can’t join in person? Join us for the virtual component of the June Summit for free, from 9am – 11:30am. Learn more here.
The three cohorts of TREC Teacher Leaders are planning the Summit. TREC continues to make sure our efforts teacher-led and this event is designed with educators at the forefront! The Summit will be held in-person at the University of Arizona campus at the Environment and Natural Resources 2 (ENR2), a beautiful building on campus that is designed to look like a slot canyon.
June Summit In-person Schedule
8:00 – 8:45 am REGISTRATION / RESOURCE EXPO
9:00 – 9:45 WELCOME AND KEYNOTE
10:00 – 11:30 am MORNING WORKSHOPS
11:45 – 12:45pm LUNCH
12:45-1:45 pm AFTERNOON “A” SESSION
2:00 – 3:00 pm AFTERNOON “B” SESSION
3:00 – 3:30 pm WRAP-UP
Closing, Raffle, and Thank you!
3:30 – 5:30 On-Campus Experiences
Tucson Values Teachers is providing limited scholarships for educators to attend PD opportunities, if you are interested, click here for more information
- For questions regarding this resource, please contact Tucson Regional Educator Collaborative.
- Contact Name: Jen Kinser-Traut
- Phone No: (520) 621-7511
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org